Mobile Security is one of the major concerns as data transfer through a mobile application can directly have an effect on businesses. This is because people today use their smart phones for both business purpose as well as for their personal use also referred to as “Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)”.In order to tackle with this problem, people must have sufficient knowledge of transfer sessions in order to educate employees or people about the possible threats by implementing appropriate mobile phone security system. The most challenging job is to keep security systems updated to the pace of the arrival of new mobile applications or products and that too at the expense of transformation.
Some of the recognized mobile insecurities which are based on Acronis International’s White Paper Technology which aims at transferring insecure files, lost or stolen mobile phones, public hotspots and open Wi-fi network, viruses and malware and imprecise corporate policies. Among all the feasible vulnerabilities of mobile security, malware has acquired exceptional attention and moreover researchers are looking for new methods and tactics to take their edge off from spreading, especially Android Malware.
The smart phones of the world market is occupied or invaded by iOS and Android over other mobile Operating Systems (OS’s) like Blackberry and Windows. Since Android is in the possession of huge market share and in this connection malware programmers are more interested in affecting Android Phones.
According to recent analysis, it is acknowledged that Android malware more likely exist and grow faster, yet iOS has further more vulnerabilities. This can be due to the absolute high number of Malware families which inturn accounts more in Android than in iOS.
Goal of Malware Attacks and that too on Android:-
Malware Programmers gain the advantage from infected mobile devices as they are capable of monetizing a device, gathering personal information by detecting users and thereby stealing the ad revenue of software application developers through their embedded harmful code. Some features that make a malware programmer influenced on attacking and targeting a mobile device is the availability of Bluetooth, Cameras, GPS and wireless and other such location services in most of the smart phones and also using mobiles for payments.
In addition of having huge market share, Android has open design which allows the users to install applications from various unauthorized sources which are basically the sites of various Malware Programmers in order to attack Android Phones. Moreover Android’s Store (Play Store) is vulnerable to such malware attacks.
(Measures to Protect your Device: -)
1. When your device is stolen or lost, the basic way out is to have user validation and authentication which can be achieved by means of a strong password, locking your device or by a pass code.
2. For protecting your device from viruses and malwares, download your application from trusted sources like Google Play Store. Otherwise downloading your application from unauthorized services can infect your mobile phone.
3. Also check for apprehensive behaviour of your Device’s Settings that is, malicious applications can manually turn on the GPS, Wi-FI or Bluetooth of your Phone.
4. If the overall performance of your device is driven down or your phone reboots more frequently, then most likely your device is infected by a virus or it is a general hardware problem.
5. Make Sure to turn off your Wi-FI or Bluetooth when your mobile device is not in use.